Lately, I’ve bee feeling the need to really ground myself. I haven’t been doing the best of jobs. Well, unless you count the extra poundage I’ve been adding to my frame as I continue to engulf food every few hours past the “I’ve had enough” phase. It is getting better since I’m aware of it.
For my birthday this year, I went to a local energy healer and had LaHoChi performed on me. Every year, I try to do something new and this was one of them. LaHoChi is one of many energy healing modalities that, as the healer said, is more powerful than Reiki. The first thing she did was to evaluate my chakras to see how well they were functioning. It was my lower chakras, particularly the root chakra that was not running at optimum level. She clarified that pretty much everyone that came in there were in the same boat. In other words, we humans have a hard time grounding ourselves, especially those of us on a more spiritual path.
For clarification purposes (in case you’ve never heard of a chakra,) these are like energy points within the body that help the mind, body, spirit to operate at optimal level. Each chakra corresponds to a different level of function or awareness. The seven main ones include:
- Root: grounding, basic survival
- Sacral: well-being, sexuality, addictions
- Solar-Plexus: self-confidence, self-worth, identity
- Heart: Love, connection, healing
- Throat: Self-expression, speaking your truth
- Third Eye: Intuition, wisdom
- Crown: spiritual connection to all that is, pure consciousness
For those of us that are very much aware of the spiritual path that we are pursuing, it can be a mere secondary thought to stay grounded and otherwise attune to the physicality of our existence. I’m normally one to pursue hiking as a grounding technique, but 2018 had been either bouts of extreme heat or extreme rain and has stymied my desire to connect with Mother Gaia. Hence, the overeating. Ugh.
So, I decided to compile a go-to list of grounding exercises for myself and others:
- Anything nature related:
- Hug, climb, or sit under a tree
- Pet/cuddle an animal
- Eat healthy but grounding foods:
- Root veggie: carrots, potatoes, turnips, etc.
- Use gemstones that work with the root chakra: tourmaline, onyx, red coral, etc.
- Meditation using imagery of silver cord anchoring feet or root chakra to Earth’s core
- Guided Meditation for opening chakras
- Michael Sealey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVVuy1lU1vo
- Meditate on the color red
- Employ specific yoga poses:
- The Bridge, Half Locust, Full Locust, The Elephant, Head to Knee
- Listen to grounding music: elemental/earthy/low
- Listen to specific binaural beat music:
- The Schumann Resonance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO9gHsEwctc&list=PL7iZKwNiF-Z0H91DvwHX5CKgEj9Zhrxrc&index=17
- Sandlewood, Patchouli, Frankincense, cloves (woodsy smells)
- Drink grounding teas
- Take a bath using Himalayan Pink Bath Salt
- Chant “Lam”
- Focused exercise:
- Yoga, pilates, tai chi, etc.
- Have energy healing:
- LaHoChi, Light Therapy, Reflexology, Reiki, etc.
- And, let’s not forget: sex ; )